Saturday, July 19, 2008

16 hours, 12 minutes and 13 seconds in

Victory. Fuck you GTA IV. You are the worst game I have ever played. I hoped you enjoyed my violent abuse of cheats. It isn't fun when people are doing it to you, now is it? You thought you were better than me, didn't you? Well you're not.

I think the one think I learned about GTA IV throughout this retarded endeavor, is that the fun of playing the game doesn't merely come from watching the cutscenes or accomplishing the tasks in the game. The fun really comes from the meta-game of finding ways around all the goddamned glitches or even just using cheats and not having to worry about the glitches as much. And when you think about it that way, maybe this game did deserve the ridiculous praise it got from the gaming media. We were all too blinded by how terrible and frustrating the actual game is to see it for what it really was. A battle of willpower, between man and machine.

No comments: