Saturday, July 19, 2008

11 hours in

Whether or not buttons do what they supposed to is up to a carefully coded algorithm that is specifically designed to piss you off. I hit Y to get in a car, I stand still and a taxi parks on top of me. I hit A to get up an run, I writhe around on the ground. I move the control stick forward to pick up an objective, I run in the opposite direction and get shot. I move the camera one way, it moves in 3 random directions. I hit RB to take cover, I run next to a guy with a shotgun and die. Do you think they intended to make the deaths unskippable for the first 2 seconds and in slow-motion as some sort of game-taunting mechanism?

I just got to Alderney. After another 4 hours of hell. I have never hated anything this much in my entire life. Well, except Christians. But that could easily change after the last mission.

No comments: